Small and Mid-Cap M&A transactions
The acquisition of a business is a complex process during which numerous challenges must be addressed in several phases. The legal advisor often gets involved only when seller and acquirer have already negotiated the transaction’s commercial grounds and wish to realize their project on this basis.
Starting from this situation, GCC renders in particular the following services:
- detailed elaboration and refinement of the deal structure
- project management
- coordination with other experts (conducting for example the financial or environmental due diligence), M&A financial advisors, notaries, foreign counsel etc.
- draft of the initial contractual documentation (exclusivity and confidentiality agreement, Term Sheet, arrangement for a negotiations’ breakup etc.)
- legal and tax due diligence (with our cooperation partners)
- negotiation and drafting of the purchase agreement with representations and warranties (Share Deal or Asset Deal)
- merger control filing on German and/or EU level (with our cooperation partners)
- representation towards the public authorities
- negotiation and drafting of new management services agreements, client and employment contracts
- set-up of employee incentive plans
- coordination of the transaction’s execution (in particular with our notaries with whom we have developed long-term trustful cooperation relationships)
- post-closing implementation / general advice in corporate, contractual and labour law for corporate and personnel restructurings